What does the future hold?
That is the same question I had, so I consulted my psychic! Well, not really but I looked into some of the more interesting predictions for 2012. The worldwide web has some interesting predictions for 2012 everything from the end of the world to future innovations in technology. Kind of ironic huh, “end” of the world and “future” innovations all in one sentence. I thought it was interesting; I did some research and listed some predictions I think are the BIGGEST surprises for 2012, everything from the “end” of the world to advances in “future” technology.
- Probably one of the biggest prediction for 2012 is the end of the Mayan calendar. Did someone do their math wrong? Rumor has it that the calendar can be more than 60 days off and nothing pertaining to the calendar predicts an apocalypse!
- Health enthusiast may be excited about a new fruit on the horizon for North America. Hmm, well one prediction for next year mentions that a fruit similar to the Acai berry may emerge. Could it be another opportunity for the health industry to make a quick buck?
- Can we get a lighter tablet please? Well, I think that wish just may be granted. Predictions for a new hybrid tablet are surfacing. Talks about detachable screens and light weight tablets are in the works.
- A list of predictions would not be complete without buzz from within the area of health new predictions lead to the creation of new drugs that fight diseases such as Alzheimer’s.
- Last but not least, have we exhausted all our natural resources? Some rumors point to evidence that we may have a worldwide shortage of rare earth metals. Worries ahead for industries like electricity, solar panels and computer parts.
Needless to say 2012 will have a lot of surprises in store for us; hopefully it isn’t the end of the world. But I for one, am very excited to see changes and innovations in our top industries of technology, business and medicine.
Here are a few links to some other cool predictions for 2012: